Latex Certificates Overview
Mr. Pillow has been working hard to find out which latex pillow source is the healthiest one we should get. Come along with this spirit, we go through all these associated certificates information and eventually we come out the best manufactures that we have examined and trusted on.
Overall these certificates, we would say that, while ECO Institut is the best certificate to verify the latex product in a much health agreeable range, the other types of certificates such as LGA, SGS and so on are also the great certificates to help us double identify the products made with safe and quality material. Each of these certificates proves the power of the manufactures and the quality products they have made.
What Does it Mean to Be an Eco-INSTITUT Tested Product?
The Eco Institute, located in Cologne, Germany is a highly respected organization responsible for testing products to determine their pollutants and emissions. The institute has more than 25 years of experience testing products for trace amounts and even residues of hazardous chemicals as well as the testing of emissions or outgassing created by the products.
The institute tests a wide range of products including the following:
What does the Eco-INSTITUT Certification mean to Consumers?
Products bearing the Eco-INSTITUT certification are products you can use in your home with confidence that they do not contain even trace amounts of hazardous chemicals and will not produce foul, unhealthy off gassing in your home. These are important considerations for many families and can make a world of difference to your pleasure in your new purchase.
As a consumer, you don’t want to invest in products that could harm your family. Unfortunately, with many products, labeling makes it difficult to know whether you’re really getting what you think you are when you purchase a product.
Certifications like the Eco-INSTITUT certification help bridge the gap. Since Eco-INSTITUT certification is offered by an independent certification agency and has no vested interests in the products they certify, you can count on their certifications to indicate products that are safe for families.
What is the Approval Process Like?
The Eco-INSTITUT certification tests to ensure that that certain thresholds for emissions are met. The process goes something like this.
- Companies requesting certification send product samples along with a list of materials to see if products qualify for approval.
- Tests are conducted by independent third parties.
- Once passed, the Eco Institute conducts their own tests inside their laboratories.
- Products that pass are issued labels for certification. Other products are sent back for changes and advice prior to being tested again.
Tests are conducted in order to rule out the presence of many hazardous and potentially harmful materials including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), persistent organic pollutants, heavy metals, pesticides, phthalates, and the presence of formaldehyde – among other things.
The impressive thing about Eco-INSTITUT certification is that it isn’t looking for products that meet minimal safety requirements, but for those that go above and beyond to meet higher standards in materials and manufacturing.(**Source from: https://www.plushbeds.com/blog/mattress/mean-eco-institut-tested-product/)
(**Official site: https://www.eco-institut.de/en/)
That’s why we’re so pleased that our latex pillows from these manufactures have met and surpassed these standards of excellence and safety. We’re sure you’ll find them to be a perfect and perfectly safe addition to use inside your home and around your family.
LGA is a German quality brand that issues certifications for mattresses that meet certain characteristics and that exceed rigors quality tests.
The certification LGA checks for the presence of harmful substances in different types of mattresses and accessories. The certification LGA submit the mattresses to strict controls:
- Control about the use of harmful substances or prohibited substances;
- Control the emissions of formaldehyde, a chemical compound harmful to humans;
- Control the smells;
- Control the emissions of volatile organic compounds;
- Raw material control.
(**Official site: https://www.tuv.com/world/en/lga-tested.html)
WHAT IS T MARK?
T Mark is a symbol of excellence and trusted quality that was established to add distinctive value to Thai products and services that are made in Thailand.
WHY T MARK?
T Mark gives you trusted quality. It gives assurance that Thai products and services with the T Mark symbol offer world-class excellence including social and environmental responsibility. Reassuringly, it is supported by the Royal Thai Government. When you see the T Mark symbol, you can be confident that you are getting the best quality of goods and services Thailand has to offer.
WHAT CAN T MARK DO FOR YOU?
For customers, T Mark offers the best choice of quality Thai products and services, making it a more convenient and worthwhile shopping experience.
For manufacturers, T Mark brings more exposure to the global market in less time and helps earn trust. Moreover, the exclusivity of T Mark raises the bar and encourages the industry to strive for excellence.
(**Official site: http://www.thailandtrustmark.com/)
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our core services can be divided into four categories:
- Inspection: our comprehensive range of world-leading inspection and verification services, such as checking the condition and weight of traded goods at transshipment, help you to control quantity and quality, and meet all relevant regulatory requirements across different regions and markets
- Testing: our global network of testing facilities, staffed by knowledgeable and experienced personnel, enable you to reduce risks, shorten time to market and test the quality, safety and performance of your products against relevant health, safety and regulatory standards
- Certification: we enable you to demonstrate that your products, processes, systems or services are compliant with either national or international standards and regulations or customer defined standards, through certification
- Verification: we ensure that products and services comply with global standards and local regulations. Combining global coverage with local knowledge, unrivalled experience and expertise in virtually every industry, SGS covers the entire supply chain from raw materials to final consumption.
（**Official website: https://www.sgs.com/）
The International Sleep Products Association (ISPA) is a trade association based in Alexandria, Virginia, United States. Its members are mattress manufacturers and mattress industry components suppliers.
ISPA currently represents the sleep products industry and service suppliers around the world. ISPA members range from multinational mattress and sleep products manufacturing companies to small, family-owned operations.
ISPA's stated mission has been to lead and advance the interests of the sleep products industry. It works on behalf of the bedding industry on a range of commercial, health, safety and environmental issues, including legislative lobbying at the state and federal level. It also seeks to present a positive image of the sleep products industry to the general public.
(**Official site: https://sleepproducts.org/)
Thai Industrial Standards(TIS) Product Certificate
The Thai Industrial Standards (TIS) is a Technical Requirement that the Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI) has established as a manufacturing guideline in order to undertake standardization and aim for products with optimal quality. Contents of the TIS include technical specifications, product characteristics, product operating performance, quality of raw material and testing procedures. Currently there are over 2,000 standards covering numerous consumer products such as food, electrical appliances, vehicles, construction material and many more.
The Thai Industrial Standard Institute has developed standards in response to meet the needs and development of the country’s industries, businesses, economic government and society, and also for government policy support, consumer protection and environment and natural resource preservation. TISI provides product certification schemes with 2 types of certification marks namely the voluntary certification mark and the mandatory certification mark.
Voluntary Certification Mark
- The application for any voluntary certification may be submitted on applicant’s own demand.
Mandatory Certification Mark
- In order to protect the consumer’s safety, some products legally require the mandatory certification mark. Products which fall into the mandatory category shall be produced or imported and sold only distinguished with the mandatory certification mark.
(**Official site: https://www.tisi.go.th/home/en)
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide.
Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 44,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Enabling you to identify and mitigate the intrinsic risk in your operations, supply chains and quality management systems.
Evaluating how your products and services meet and exceed quality, safety, sustainability and performance standards.
Validating the specifications, value and safety of your raw materials, products and assets.
Formally confirming that your products and services meet all trusted external and internal standards.
(**Official site: http://www.intertek.com/)